Lily James (born as Lily Chloe Ninette Thomson on 5th April 1989; Esher, Surrey) is ta British actress who plays Rose Aldridge in Series 3, Series 4, Series 5, and the 2015 Christmas Special of Downton Abbey.
She studied at the Guildhall School of Music and Drama, graduating in 2010. As well as her role in Downton Abbey, she has also appeared in Fast Girls (2012) and Wrath of the Titans (2012). James recently starred in the title role for Disney's Cinderella, directed by Kenneth Branagh, and also starring Sophie McShera.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Lily wears a curly, blonde wig to play Rose, as her natural brown straight brunette hair, has been deemed too similar to fellow female cast members Laura Carmichael and Michelle Dockery.
- Lily starred in a television production of Leo Tolstoy's War and Peace, the novel which inspired the names of Downton characters Prince Kuragin and Count Rostov. The cast included Tuppence Middleton and Kate Phillips.
- She will play Juliet in a production of Romeo and Juliet at the Garrick Theatre, from May 2016.
References[edit | edit source]
- Graduates 2009/10, Lily James, http://www.gsmd.ac.uk
- Lily James' Filmography at IMBd.
- Fallen angel: How Lily James is bringing scandal to Downton Abbey this Christmas Pal Hansen, independent.co.uk, Sunday 23rd December 2012.
[edit | edit source]